Sunday, May 10, 2009

The sketch and story of 'Tearoom' painting


I have had this painting in my head for a long time.
I took some shots of this tearoom a couple of years
ago and have not been able to get it out of my mind
because of the atmosphere of the place and the
lighting. And because it has in it a sort of timeless
feeling of all the ladies who ever shopped taking time
to sit with each other and chat and share some
delicious sweets while resting their feet!
The photographs are not great, but they serve
me just enough for me to invent what I want it
to be. We'll see how it goes.
It is a rather large painting. I will have to check
the dimensions...but I think it is 28 x 32 or so.
Bigger than the recent ones I have been doing.
Also, the settee at the back just grabbed me as it
was the most unique little piece with wood carved-
inserts. It had as much presence as the people,
maybe more!

No comments: