Saturday, March 29, 2008

Update on painting progress

This painting is the most marvelous fun to do.
No way did I see all that was going on when I was
actually physically present. You know that a photo
will give you a frozen moment in time and so now
I have the luxury of really seeing all that was there
in that moment.
I only use my own photographs for my paintings
unless it is a commission where there is only the
other person's photo that can be used. On a few
rare occasions, there have been photos of family
members that I could use. But for the most part,
when I am shooting, I know what I need to have
in order for it to translate into a painting. I rarely
use my camera for anything else!

1 comment:

Dani Brandimarte said...

This painting is really nice. I have only been painting from photos a little while and I've discovered I'm a horrible photographer, so I'm depending a lot on other people's photos. It's great that you know how to capture what you need!