Saturday, March 29, 2008

Reflecting!

I do love reflections that appear in shiny objects.
And then with the glass that you can see through,
well the problem of making it turn out well is
compounded. But what a lovely problem to have
and then when it has been recorded, I can have
a glass of vino and congratulate myself.
Once I heard a great interview done by the late
Charles Kerault. He was talking to an artist and
asked 'why do you paint'? And the artist said
(drumroll please) "To Thrill Myself"! Ah see?
We are our first audience.
By the way, this isn't quite done, but close!
Sides of glasses need 'shape tweaking'!

1 comment:

Lyn said...

It's lovely to see the reflections being captured in paint. I am also attracted to shiny reflections, but being a digital printmaker, I tend to use photographic images. As such, I appreciate your brush work and attention to details.