Thursday, November 8, 2007

Drawing from Life

Drawing from a live model is something
I haven't done for a long time. I'm not
counting portraits I have done over the
past few years. What I mean is going to
a session where there is a model and folks
like me work earnestly and quietly, hoping
not to embarrass ourselves with our quick
two minute sketches, then the longer ones,
and so on.
This was the last pose, the 40 minute one.
I decided to do just his head and marvelous
hat and was happy with the results. Yes, and
I know who he looks like....
Currently I am working on banners for a
private school that is celebrating its 30th
Anniversary. So the 'art' is on hold for the
moment.
Oh and good news! A gallery has invited me
to show! We're still in the talk-it-over stage,
but nevertheless, it is a happy thing for me!

No comments: