Thursday, October 14, 2010

Small painting of crystal glass

I have been trying for days to find the
photos I took of my small paintings!
Today I did and here is one of them.
This is a 5 x 7 inch oil painting.
The middle background section is
actually silver oil paint which I use
now and then very sparingly.
For those of you who
may think silver or gold paint is what
you use to show reflections, it isn't!
The top part of the background is
actually really black, though it is
hard to photograph it to look that
way because of light that bounces
off the surface.
I think I'll call it 'Crystal Beauty'.
What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Lynn. 'Crystal Beauty' it is! I did not know that silver and gold oil paint are not meant for reflection. I have some of each, but have never opened either. Is there a specific use for them, or are they just another color?

Lynne said...

Leslie,
Thank you for your kind remarks! I really appreciate it when folks take the time to tell me!
Gold and silver paint are great for various effects, but silver or gold reflective objects isn't one of them. You are right that they are kind of like another color. They are fun for some things, but I haven't found them widely useful in my representational paintings...
Lynne